There is something so satisfying about avocado toast. Personally, I’m not a big sweet breakfast kind of person so when I discovered avocado toast it was a game changer.
Finally I could eat something that would be satisfying, filling, and provide an abundance of nutrients.
Here are a few tips for making the perfect avocado toast:
- Use a heart whole grain bread, sourdough, or something similar. (We love Ezekiel bread!)
- Squeeze lemon on top to increase the absorption of iron from the avocado
- Get creative and try adding other savory toppings like sautéed mushrooms, chickpeas, or tomatoes.
- Everything But The Bagel seasoning from Trader Joe’s is a MUST try! Do you agree?!
- Hemp hearts are non-negotiable for us. Why? They are a great source of Omega 3 and 6 as well as protein! These are always added to our avocado toast. Here’s my favorite brand.