Todays recipe is for a DELICIOUS caesar salad with crispy garlic chickpeas. ?
PS: Even if you don’t like caesar salad, these chickpeas are a MUST. They were TO DIE FOR. Anyway — Here’s the recipe!
(Recipe modified from Oh She Glows)
For the Crispy Garlic Chickpeas:
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil (can omit if you are WFPB and prefer no oil. They will just not be as crispy)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
For the Caesar Dressing:
- 2/3 cup raw cashews (soaked if you are not using a high-speed blender)
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (Can omit if WFPB – I usually do)
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon or yellow mustard (both work!)
- 1 small garlic clove (you can add another if you like it super potent)
- 2 tablespoon hemp seeds (for added protein)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt and pepper, or to taste
For the Nut and Seed Parmesan Cheese:
- 1/3 cup raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (Can omit if WFPB – I usually do)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- fine grain sea salt, to taste
1 large head of green leaf romaine or greens of choice!
- Crispy chickpea croutons: Preheat oven to 400°F. Drain and rinse chickpeas. Place chickpeas in a tea towel and rub dry. Place onto large rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle on oil and roll around to coat. Sprinkle on the garlic powder and salt. Toss to coat. Roast for 20 minutes at 400°F, then gently roll the chickpeas around in the baking sheet. Roast for another 10 to 20 minutes, until lightly golden. They will firm up as they cool. (TIP: You can also throw in an air fryer!)
- Dressing: Add the cashews and all other dressing ingredients (except salt) into a high-speed blender, and blend on high until the dressing is super smooth. You can add a splash of water if necessary to get it blending. Add salt to taste and adjust other seasonings, if desired. Set aside.
- Parmesan cheese: Add cashews, hemp hearts and garlic into a mini food processor or high-speed blender (we use a Vitamix) and process until finely chopped. Now add in the rest of the ingredients and pulse until the mixture is combined. Salt to taste.
- Lettuce: Chop up the romaine into bite-sized pieces. Rinse and then spin dry.
- Assemble: Add dressing onto lettuce and toss until fully coated. Season with a pinch of salt and mix again. Now sprinkle on the roasted chickpeas and the Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Would you try this recipe?